Between April 1 and October 31, residents my not water their yards between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Additional Conservation Ordinance Outdoor Watering Guidelines:
- Hand water or use a soaker hose. Both are permitted at any time.
- Maintain your sprinkler system. Repair any broken, missing or misdirected sprinkler heads.
- Automatic sprinkler system owners are required to have rain and freeze sensors installed.
- Monitor your total water usage. If you use more than 15,000 gallons a month, you’ll now pay a surcharge on the
amount above 15,000.
- Don’t water during any form of precipitation.
- Don’t allow your sprinkler system to water driveways, sidewalks and streets.
- Don’t waste water by allowing runoff onto a street or other drainage area when you’re watering.
- Violations of these outdoor water guidelines can result in fines of $250 to $2,000 per incident. First offenses will be issued a warning.